Have fun making your own weaving wall hanging!
- ut a square of cardboard from an old box. Ask your grown-up to c
- Then cut six small lines into the top and bottom of the cardboard (about 2cm).
- Loop some lengths of string around the cardboard together, pulling them into the grooves, and tie tightly around the back.
- Knot a manageable length of coloured wool to the bottom of the right-hand string.
- Weave in and out of the string with your wool, starting either over or under on alternate threads.
- Change the colour of your wool to create a cool stripy weave!
Younger children benefit from activities like these to build the little muscles in their fingers.
Weaving in and out of the string helps to develop hand/eye coordination and activities using their hands and fingers will help build your child's fine motor skills, making it easier for them to grip their pencil and form letters.