PARENT / CARER WORKSHOP FIVE
Sharing Stories / Fine Motor Skills
Parent Learning Outcomes
- Parents will better understand the importance of sharing stories with their children for positive attachment, development of vocabulary and imagination and reading skills.
- Parents will better understand that there are many ways to ‘share’ a story.
- Parents will be given tips to help with their children’s literacy development.
- Parents will be made aware of the positive difference that can be made praising their children’s efforts rather than their abilities.
- Parents will feel more confident sharing stories in different ways and will feel more confident to do so.
- Parents will better understand the need to help their children to build their fine motor skills for writing and how they can do this simply at home.
- Parents will experience what it feels like for their children as emerging writers and will be better able to support their children with deeper understanding.
- Parents will feel confident to use the session's resources as a starting point to help their children develop their skills at home.
RESOURCES FOR WORKSHOP FIVE
Sharing Stories Video
A 'Wee Me' Example Story
Digital Yeti Stories
Click for link.